Heavy Duty Mechanic (Competition #19-42)
|Open Date||Jun 27 2019 - 10:11:00 AM||Close Date||Jul 18 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Heavy Duty Mechanic (Competition #19-42)||Posting Type||Temporary|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Operations Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Public Works Services||Openings||1|
|Location||County Services Building||Competition||19-42|
Parkland County has a Temporary, Full-time position available for a Heavy Duty Mechanic in the Public Works Department for approximately four (4) months until November 29, 2019. Reporting to the Supervisor, Equipment Maintenance, you will be stationed in Stony Plain but required to work throughout the County. You will apply the standard knowledge, skills and practices of the trade in diagnosing breakdowns and performing all maintenance, service and repair work on all types of municipal transport vehicles, construction equipment, industrial tractors and equipment. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills are required.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
- Minimum five (5) years mechanical experience with a minimum of two (2) years heavy duty
- Experience repairing and overhauling a variety of light and heavy duty equipment, including snow plow/sanding trucks
- Welding experience would be an asset
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Operators License with Q (air) endorsement. Upon hire, a current commercial driver’s abstract must be provided.
Rate of Pay: $40.47 per hour
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day; 40 hours/week
These positions are covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 955 Collective Agreement.