Communications Advisor (Competition #19-44)
|Open Date||Jul 03 2019 - 11:25:32 AM||Close Date||Jul 18 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Communications Advisor (Competition #19-44)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Agriculture, Community & Protective Services Division||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||3 - 5 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competition||19-44|
|Salary Range||$70,110 - $87,640 per annum|
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time Communications Advisor position available within the Community Services Department. Under the direction of the Director, Community Services, the Communications Advisor plans, develops and implements communications that advance the reputation and positive image of Parkland County to the public through timely, accurate and integrated communications of Parkland County’s plans, policies, programs and activities. The Communications Advisor must work closely with Council and all levels of County staff providing information and guidance regarding emerging trends. This position also deals with public engagement and assists with the County’s media relations.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations or a related field.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in corporate communications, preferably in a public sector/municipal organization.
- Well-developed interpersonal, public speaking and media relations’ skills, as well as excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office and print related applications.
- Familiarity with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) and the Municipal Government Act (MGA).
- Membership with the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is preferred.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: $70,110 - $87,640 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.