Supervisor, Utilities Operations (Competition #19-53)
|Open Date||Aug 07 2019 - 08:44:00 AM||Close Date||Aug 23 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Supervisor, Utilities Operations (Competition #19-53)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Operations Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Public Works Services||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||3 years|
|Location||County Services Building||Competition||19-53|
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available in the Public Works Department for a Supervisor, Utilities Operations. Reporting to the Manager, Water, Wastewater, & Solid Waste Services, the Supervisor, Utilities Operations is responsible for coordinating and supervising operations for the water and wastewater programs in Parkland County. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, supervising utilities operations staff and coordinating preventative maintenance and sampling programs. Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer services skills are required, as well as strong working technical knowledge of the water and wastewater industry.
- Diploma in Water and Wastewater Operations or a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Sciences.
- Three years’ experience in municipal water and wastewater operations.
- Three years’ related experience in a supervisory capacity is required.
- Level II certifications in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection and Level I certifications in Wastewater Treatment and Water Treatment is required.
- Experience with the use of Asset Management Systems and Microsoft Office software applications is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and current satisfactory Driver’s Abstract is required.
- Note: A combination of experience and education will be considered.
Rate of Pay: $77,120 to $96,400 per annum
Hours of Work: 8 hours/day; 40 hours/week.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered.