Financial Analyst (Competition #19-50)
|Open Date||Aug 01 2019 - 01:35:00 PM||Close Date||Aug 19 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Financial Analyst (Competition #19-50)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Financial Planning & Treasury||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||5 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competion||19-50|
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time Financial Analyst position available within the Financial Planning & Treasury Department. Under the direction of the Director, Financial Planning & Treasury, the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing a comprehensive range of financial services including: operating and capital budget preparation, long term planning, and treasury. The Financial Analyst will also provide collaborative financial support and requires the ability to establish and maintain effective, tactful, service orientated relationships with staff and management.
- Undergraduate degree with a concentration in accounting or an Accounting Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution. An Advanced Accounting Certificate would be an asset.
- Five years of general accounting experience with experience in the areas of municipal/public accounting, the Municipal Government Act, budgeting, planning, business modelling and forecasting
- Strong technical skills to evaluate, investigate and interpret information related to budgets, plans and forecasts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and an expert knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 and the ability to access and manipulate data from various financial and non-financial information systems.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Rate of Pay: Competitive salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.