Geographic Information Systems Technologists (Competition #19-31)
|Open Date||Mar 29 2019 - 02:03:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 23 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Geographic Information Systems Technologists (Competition #19-31)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Information Services Department||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Geographic Information Systems Services||Openings||2|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||2 - 5 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competition||19-31|
Parkland County has two Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technologist positions available within the Information Services Department, one permanent and one temporary until approximately December 20, 2019. Under the direction of the Manager, Geographic Information Systems Services, the GIS Technologists provide web and mobile application support, GIS service desk support and technical training. These positions ensure enterprise data is accurate, utilize cartographic principles to design high quality maps, assist with data manipulation and manage usage and materials for departmental equipment.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Geographic Information Systems, Geography or a related discipline.
- Two to five years of related experience, including knowledge and experience with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop & ArcGIS Online; Geodatabase design, creation and editing; Cartographic principles; Imagery management and GPS data translation and manipulation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with customer service experience.
- GIS trouble shooting skills and technical GIS training skills.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay:
*GIS Technologist I – $57,940 - $72,430 per annum
GIS Technologist II - $63,740 - $79,670 per annum
Hours of Work:
7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
*GIS Technologist I – This temporary position has an approximate end date of December 20, 2019