Development Engineering Officer I (Competition #19-34)
|Open Date||Apr 25 2019 - 09:41:00 AM||Close Date||May 15 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Development Engineering Officer I (Competition #19-34)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Operations Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Planning & Development Services||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||3 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competition||19-34|
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available for a Development Engineering Officer I in the Planning & Development Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Land Development Engineering, the Development Engineering Officer I works as part of a team responsible for supporting the planning and development applications in Parkland County. This position requires professional responsibility with the development engineering component of subdivisions and development along with the administration of development agreements and related oversight of infrastructure construction, project completion and securities. In addition to strong analytical and problem solving skills, this position requires well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Designation as a Professional Engineer, Certified Engineering Technologist or Professional Technologist (Eng).
- Minimum of three years related experience in the design, construction and inspection of subdivisions and general land development.
- Experience in the construction of water lines, sewer lines, illumination lighting, drainage, storm water management facilities and road construction.
- Proficiency using computers and computer software programs such as Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Access for data management tracking.
- Excellent writing, presentation, negotiation, organization and time-management skills.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
Rate of Pay: $84,830 to $106,040 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.