Project Engineer (Competition #19-37)
|Open Date||Apr 26 2019 - 08:37:00 AM||Close Date||May 17 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Project Engineer (Competition #19-37)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Operations Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||4 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competition||19-37|
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available in the Engineering Services Department for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Projects, you are responsible for assisting in project management and coordinating capital and special projects in the areas of water/wastewater utilities, storm water and transportation. The position also conducts technical research and produces technical reports and offers design support. Maintaining Parkland County’s Engineering Design Standards is also a key component of the role. You will have strong administrative, written and oral communication skills along with well-developed project management, organizational, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental, Water Resources or another Municipal Services related field is required.
- Formal training in Project Management or Construction Management of Municipal Infrastructure design and construction will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience, including project management of capital roads, water, wastewater and other related infrastructure projects as well as design drafting experience.
- Eligibility for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.). Applicants working towards a P.Eng. designation will be considered at a developmental level.
- Proficient with computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Some database and AutoCad experience would be desirable.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License current satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
Rate of Pay: $84,830 - $106,040 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.