Project Engineer (Competition #19-37)
|Open Date||Apr 26 2019 - 08:37:00 AM||Close Date||May 17 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Project Engineer (Competition #19-37)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Operations Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||4 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competion||19-37|
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available in the Engineering Services Department for a Project Engineer. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Projects, you are responsible for assisting in project management and coordinating capital and special projects in the areas of water/wastewater utilities, storm water and transportation. The position also conducts technical research and produces technical reports and offers design support. Maintaining Parkland County’s Engineering Design Standards is also a key component of the role. You will have strong administrative, written and oral communication skills along with well-developed project management, organizational, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental, Water Resources or another Municipal Services related field is required.
- Formal training in Project Management or Construction Management of Municipal Infrastructure design and construction will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience, including project management of capital roads, water, wastewater and other related infrastructure projects as well as design drafting experience.
- Eligibility for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.). Applicants working towards a P.Eng. designation will be considered at a developmental level.
- Proficient with computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Some database and AutoCad experience would be desirable.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License current satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
Rate of Pay: $84,830 - $106,040 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.