Land Development Engineer (Competition #19-51)
|Open Date||Jul 31 2019 - 03:10:00 PM||Close Date||Aug 29 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Land Development Engineer (Competition #19-51)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Operations Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Planning & Development Services||Openings||1|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||6 years|
|Location||County Services Building||Competition||19-51|
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available for a Land Development Engineer in the Planning & Development Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Land Development Engineering, the Land Development Engineer works as part of a team responsible for supporting planning and development applications in Parkland County. This position is involved in the development engineering component of reviewing and analyzing statutory and non-statutory plans; evaluating engineering designs and documents; conducting forecasting for engineering design and servicing studies; and guiding the implementation of development agreements. This position requires strong working knowledge and experience with standard and non-standard engineering designs reviews, engineering and construction knowledge in infrastructure management, transportation, stormwater management and land development. In addition, this position interacts with developers and engineering consultants on a continuous basis, assists with departmental area projects and supports other departmental functions when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Designation as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientist of Alberta (APEGA).
- Minimum of six years related experience in the design, construction and inspection of subdivisions and general land development.
- Experience in the construction of municipal infrastructure, Traffic Impact Assessment analysis, storm water report analysis, water and sewer servicing analysis and overall site grading and drainage. Experience in design review and construction inspection of Sanitary Lift Stations, Storm Lift Stations and Storm Water Management Facilities is required.
- Proficiency using computers and computer software programs such as Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Access for data management tracking.
- Excellent writing, presentation, negotiation, organization and time-management skills.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
Rate of Pay: Competitive salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work:7 hours/day; 35 hours/week.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.