Paid On Call Firefighters (Competition #19-56)
|Open Date||Aug 15 2019 - 10:31:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 30 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Paid On Call Firefighters (Competition #19-56)||Posting Type||Paid on-call|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part-time|
|Department Group||Agriculture, Community & Protective Services Division||Hours per Week||Varies|
|Location||Assigned Fire Station||Competition||19-56|
Parkland County has an exciting opportunity available within Fire Services for Paid On Call Firefighters. Our Paid On Call Firefighters are alerted to emergencies and those who are available report to the fire station, gear up and then respond to the emergency incident site as required. In addition to emergency response, Paid On Call Firefighters attend regular evening training and occasional weekend training as well as participate in fire prevention activities. These committed and dedicated individuals provide service throughout Parkland County and will possess strong communication skills, have the ability to work efficiently in high stress situations, and be able to work in a team environment. Interested applicants are invited to apply directly through our website and must be available to participate in the aptitude and interview process in October.
We are recruiting for the following Fire Stations:
• Acheson Fire Station
• Parkland Village Fire Station
• Seba Beach Fire Station
• Tomahawk Fire Station
• Wabamun Fire Station
- At least 18 years of age. Applicants between age 14 and 17 may be considered in a junior program.
- Live within 8 to 10 minutes from your nearest Parkland County Fire Station.
- Can meet training requirements of 1 evening per week and several weekends throughout the year.
- Fire services experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record (less than 6 demerits) Current driver’s abstract to be included with your application.
- Current clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening to be included with your application.
Rate of Pay: Hourly wage based on training and supervisory responsibility.
Hours of Work: As required.
Competition Closing Date: Monday, September 30, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.