Transit & Engineering Projects Technician (Competition #19-39)
|Open Date||May 10 2019 - 09:32:00 AM||Close Date||May 31 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Transit & Engineering Projects Technician (Competition #19-39)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Operations Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||3 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competition||19-39|
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available for a Transit & Engineering Projects Technician in the Engineering Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Projects, the Transit & Engineering Projects Technician will provide day to day oversight, from Parkland County’s perspective, of Transit Service Operations which includes monitoring and reporting on performance of the network for optimization of routes. This position will be a point of contact for communications internally and externally as well as planning for the future of transit. This position will also spend half their time supporting engineering projects throughout the department. Additional tasks include assisting with grant applications, design and construction standard development, subdivision and development reviews, supporting the off-site levy program and assisting with development of guidelines, policies and processes related to the Department. Strong communication skills are an asset as there will be regional and sub-regional working group requirements.
- Diploma from a Civil Engineering related post-secondary education program.
- Education or training in transit system development, transit system operations, transportation planning and project management is considered an asset.
- Eligibility for certification as a Certified Engineering Technologist in the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta.
- Minimum of three years related experience including transit system development and/or operations, transportation planning, or project management.
- Proficiency using computers and computer software programs such as AutoCAD and Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Access for data management tracking.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
Rate of Pay: $63,740 to $79,670 per annum
Hours of Work:7 hours/day; 35 hours/week.
Benefits:Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.