Community Peace Officer Level I (Competition #19-47)
|Open Date||Jul 12 2019 - 11:23:00 AM||Close Date||Aug 16 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Community Peace Officer Level I (Competition #19-47)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Agriculture, Community & Protective Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||0 - 3 years|
|Location||County Services Building||Competition||19-47|
|Salary Range||$37.51 per hour|
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time position available in Enforcement Services for a Community Peace Officer Level I. Reporting to a Supervisor within Enforcement Services, you will investigate and resolve complaints, provide effective patrol coverage while ensuring public awareness and enforce all Traffic Laws, County Bylaws and authorized Provincial Statutes. Assistance will also be provided to Emergency Response agencies, County departments, and outside agencies as required. You will possess excellent judgment, interpersonal and public relation skills in promoting positive customer relations on behalf of the County.
- Grade 12 Diploma supplemented by a two year diploma in law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field. Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Assets include: 3 years’ experience as a Community Peace Officer Level 1, certification (training) in OC spray, ASP Baton (within the last 3 years), experience in traffic enforcement (RADAR and LASER) and/or familiarity with traffic related legislation.
- All candidates must be eligible for a CPO Level 1 appointment and obtain a clear Criminal Record Check conducted by the RCMP.
- Must be willing to work shift work, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Successful completion of an approved Physical Ability Requirement Evaluation (PARE) test if necessary.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract with no more than 3 demerits.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
Starting Wage: $37.51 per hour
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. This position involves shift work which will include weekends.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered.
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers- Local Union No. 955, Community Peace Officer Unit, Collective Agreement.