|Open Date||Feb 09 2018||Close Date||Feb 26 2018|
|Position Title||Community Peace Officer Level 1 (Competition #18-29)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||County Services Building||Competition||18-29|
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available in Enforcement Services for a Community Peace Officer Level 1. Reporting to the Supervisor of Patrol Services, you will investigate and resolve complaints requiring Community Peace Officers. You will provide effective patrol coverage while ensuring public awareness and enforce all Traffic Laws, County Bylaws and authorized Provincial Statutes. Assistance is provided to Emergency Response agencies, County departments, and outside agencies as required. You possess excellent judgment, interpersonal and public relation skills in promoting positive customer relations on behalf of the County.
- Grade 12 Diploma supplemented by a two year diploma in law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field. Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Completion of the Alberta Solicitor General’s Public Security Peace Officer Training within the last 5 years.
- Assets include 5 years’ experience as a Community Peace Officer level 1, certification (training) in: OC spray, ASP Baton (within the last 5 years), experience in traffic enforcement (RADAR and LASER) and familiarity with traffic related legislation.
- Eligible to obtain appointment as a Community Peace Officer Level 1 and obtain a clear Criminal Record Check conducted by the RCMP.
- Must be willing to work shift work, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Successful completion of an approved Physical Ability Requirement Evaluation (PARE) test.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with no more than 3 demerits.
Proficiency in computer applications.
Salary Range: $36.42 to $45.40 per hour
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. This position involves shift work which will include weekends.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered.
Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a Peace Officer Level 2 classification and salary.
Further information concerning this position can be obtained by calling
Pedro Acevedo, Supervisor, Patrol at 780-968-8888 ext. 8316.
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers- Local Union No. 955, Community Peace Officer Unit, Collective Agreement.