Senior Lifeguards/ Instructors (Competition #20-16)
|Open Date||Jan 28 2020 - 02:56:00 PM||Close Date||Mar 10 2020 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Senior Lifeguards/ Instructors (Competition #20-16)||Posting Type||Summer (Temporary)|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Entwistle Community Hub||Hours per Week||Up to 40 hours/week|
|Location||Entwistle Outdoor Pool||Competition||20-16|
|Salary Range||$25.41 (2019 Rate)|
Parkland County has Temporary, Full-Time/Part-Time Summer Positions available at the Entwistle Community Hub for Senior Lifeguards/Instructors from approximately May 23 to September 11, 2020. Reporting to the Team Lead, Aquatic Operations & Programs, you will:
- Perform lifeguarding functions in accordance with Provincial Standards; including responding to and treating all urgent and non-urgent first aid situations and responding to all emergencies.
- Conduct routine safety inspections; recognizing and preventing hazardous situations.
- Instruct all programs incorporating effective class management techniques.
- Educate students on proper use of equipment and site specific behavior.
- Ensure aquatic facility is clean, well maintained and safe for the public and staff.
- Ensure adequate water quality through daily water testing and pool chemistry balancing.
- Perform administrative duties including taking admissions, processing course registration, responding to customer inquiries, processing nightly deposits and running daily cash out reports.
- Two (2) seasons (or equivalent) as a lifeguard and/or instructor.
- Standard First Aid with CPR, Level C is required.
- Minimum Lifeguard Certifications:
- National Lifeguard Award or Red Cross Lifeguard Award
- Oxygen Administration is an asset
- Instructor Certifications:
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Advanced Instructor certification is an asset
- Pool Operator Level 1 would be an asset.
- Current Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to start of employment, completed at employee’s expense.
- Successful Child Intervention Record Check.
- Experience handling cash.
- Possess excellent problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
Rate of Pay: $25.41 per hour (2019 rate)
Hours of Work: Up to 40 hours per week
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 955 Collective Agreement.