Customer Service Representative (Competition #19-61)
|Open Date||Sep 04 2019 - 11:10:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 18 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Customer Service Representative (Competition #19-61)||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part-time|
|Department Group||Corporate Services Division||Hours per Week||Varies|
|Education||High School||Experience||2 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competition||19-61|
|Salary Range||$21.75 per hour|
Parkland County has a casual Customer Service Representative position available within the Corporate Services Division. Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Customer Service, the Customer Service Representative works as part of a team to provide prompt and courteous service as a first point of contact to the public on behalf of Parkland County. The Customer Service Representative responds to telephone, email and walk-in inquiries and handles a variety of transactions, including issuing permits, receiving complaints, and processing payments. This position requires excellent customer service skills along with the ability to effectively multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced, customer-centric environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by post-secondary course work in business administration or related.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related office experience, including switchboard or call centre customer service experience, along with the proven ability to deal with the public in a positive manner is required.
- Municipal Government experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills along with the ability to share in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn and adapt to new programs quickly.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate a variety of pre-scheduled shifts and short-notice coverage requests. Must also be able to attend two weeks of full-time training upon commencement.
Rate of Pay: $21.75 per hour
Hours of Work: There are no guaranteed hours for Casual positions. Shifts will vary between the working hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.