Customer Service Representative (Competition #19-61)
|Open Date||Sep 04 2019 - 11:10:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 18 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Customer Service Representative (Competition #19-61)||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part-time|
|Department Group||Corporate Services Division||Hours per Week||Varies|
|Education||High School||Experience||2 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competion||19-61|
|Salary Range||$21.75 per hour|
Parkland County has a casual Customer Service Representative position available within the Corporate Services Division. Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Customer Service, the Customer Service Representative works as part of a team to provide prompt and courteous service as a first point of contact to the public on behalf of Parkland County. The Customer Service Representative responds to telephone, email and walk-in inquiries and handles a variety of transactions, including issuing permits, receiving complaints, and processing payments. This position requires excellent customer service skills along with the ability to effectively multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced, customer-centric environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by post-secondary course work in business administration or related.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related office experience, including switchboard or call centre customer service experience, along with the proven ability to deal with the public in a positive manner is required.
- Municipal Government experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills along with the ability to share in a team environment.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn and adapt to new programs quickly.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate a variety of pre-scheduled shifts and short-notice coverage requests. Must also be able to attend two weeks of full-time training upon commencement.
Rate of Pay: $21.75 per hour
Hours of Work: There are no guaranteed hours for Casual positions. Shifts will vary between the working hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.