|Open Date||Feb 08 2018||Close Date||Mar 02 2018|
|Position Title||Procurement Specialist (Competition #18-20)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Corporate Services Division||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||5 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competition||18-20|
Parkland County has a Permanent, Full-time position available within Procurement Services for a Procurement Specialist. Under the direction of the Manager, Procurement Services, the Procurement Specialist will provide consultation and support to client departments for procurement activities required to carry out their respective business plans. The Procurement Specialist will conduct procurement consultations, assist with the preparation of procurement documents, oversee processes and ensure procurement activities comply with applicable policies and legislation. The Procurement Specialist will also provide vendor management services, including meeting with vendors, screening and establishing new vendors and actively promoting positive vendor relationships with Parkland County.
Along with strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy, this position requires the ability to manage multiple deadlines and meet tight timelines.
- Business Degree or Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution with specific emphasis in supply chain management, or supplemented by additional training in supply chain management, contract law or public procurement.
- Five years’ experience in procurement with a minimum of three years’ direct experience in the public sector.
- A Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) designation through the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP), or Supply Management Diploma through Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) would be an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding of the public sector procurement processes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to be able to negotiate contracts, pricing and payment terms.
- Ability to work as a team and independently with limited supervision.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: $68,740 - $85,920 per annum.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.