Junior Lifeguards/ Instructors (Competition #20-17)
|Open Date||Jan 28 2020 - 03:39:00 PM||Close Date||Mar 10 2020 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Junior Lifeguards/ Instructors (Competition #20-17)||Posting Type||Summer (Temporary)|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Entwistle Community Hub||Hours per Week||Up to 40 hours/ week|
|Location||Entwistle Outdoor Pool||Competition||20-17|
|Salary Range||$21.74 per hour (2019 rate)|
Parkland County has Temporary, Full-Time/Part-Time Summer Positions available at the Entwistle Community Hub for Junior Lifeguards/Instructors from approximately May 23 to September 11, 2020. Reporting to the Team Lead, Aquatic Operations & Programs, you will:
• Perform lifeguarding functions in accordance with Provincial Standards; including responding to and treating all urgent and non-urgent first aid situations and responding to all emergencies.
• Conduct routine safety inspections; recognizing and preventing hazardous situations.
• Instruct all programs incorporating effective class management techniques.
• Educate students on proper use of equipment and site specific behavior.
• Ensure aquatic facility is clean, well maintained and safe for the public and staff.
• Assist with water testing and chemical additions.
• Perform administrative duties including taking admissions, processing course registration and answering customer inquiries.
• Standard First Aid with CPR, Level C is required.
• Minimum Lifeguard Certifications:
o National Lifeguard Award or Red Cross Lifeguard Award
o Oxygen Administration is an asset
• Minimum Instructor Certifications:
o Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
o Lifesaving Instructor would be an asset
• Current Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to start of employment, completed at employee’s expense.
• Successful Child Intervention Record Check.
• Experience handling cash is an asset.
• Possess excellent problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
Rate of Pay: $21.74 per hour (2019 rate)
Hours of Work: Up to 40 hours/ week
This position is covered by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 955 Collective Agreement.