Paralegal (Competition #19-33)
|Open Date||Apr 04 2019 - 03:06:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 19 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Paralegal (Competition #19-33)||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Legal Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Legal & Legislative Services||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||3 - 5 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competition||19-33|
Parkland County has a permanent, full-time position available for a Paralegal. Reporting to and under the direction of the County Solicitor, the Paralegal is responsible for preparation of legal documents and correspondence, responding to client department inquiries, and file and records management. The Paralegal is also responsible for providing administrative support to the County Solicitor including overseeing their email, calendar and schedule. Along with strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy, this position requires the ability to manage multiple deadlines and meet tight timelines.
- Paralegal training or certification from a recognized university, community college or accredited education institution. CORES certification would be as asset
- Three to five years of previous experience working in litigation, municipal and conveyancing areas of law.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to quickly learn new software.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: $57,940 to $72,430 per annum
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.