Financial Process Analyst (Competition #19-55)
|Open Date||Aug 15 2019 - 11:22:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 03 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Financial Process Analyst (Competition #19-55)||Posting Type||Temporary|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full-time|
|Department Group||Financial Planning & Treasury||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||5 years|
|Location||Parkland County Centre||Competion||19-55|
Parkland County has a three-year temporary, full-time Financial Process Analyst position available within the Financial Planning & Treasury Department. Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning & Treasury, the Financial Process Analyst is responsible for developing, maintaining and optimizing the financial processes and procedures for the Chief Financial Office (CFO). This position focuses on ensuring that financial processes have appropriate controls and provide relevant information for financial planning and reporting.
In addition to excellent customer service skills, this position requires the ability to apply and demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- University Degree in Business or a Diploma in Accounting from a recognized post-secondary institution. A Certified Professional Accounting (CPA) or equivalent designation is desired.
- Five years of related experience, including experience with process auditing or development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Experience with municipal accounting and reporting software is an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of public sector accounting standards and an in-depth knowledge of financial controls.
- Must be analytical, with good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent troubleshooting and gathering skills for problem resolutions.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: Competitive salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.